Monday, December 18, 2006

Dawn

Sleep eluded her. She felt restless. Taking out her small diary, she started writing.

Life is like a roller coaster ride. And to be very honest, its being a rough one. Expected that. My choice. Not that I am regretting it, but sadly, I am human after all. Something I loose my way, my mind. Even more when you suddenly feel that the support you require is not there for you and when you need it the most. I should not think like that. Not fair. I know it's there, but I guess sometimes I expect too much. And end up hurting myself.

I just long to hold those hands. Enough to make me feel relaxed and confident. A small gesture, which speaks volumes. Sometimes I am afraid to let go of them. Unsure, fearful, if I will ever get the opportunity of holding them again. But again I am afraid to hold them too tight. What if I hurt them? Make them feel caged, uneasy, making them desperately wanting to let go?

But then, the worst has already happened, has it not? How much worse can things get after this? I don't know. I don't want to know. Till sometime back, I believed in miracles, not anymore.

She looked outside her window. It was dawn. She stood in the balcony. Beautiful. The birds chirping. The coolness and the freshness in the light breeze which hit her face.
Everything around her seemed new, fresh and full of life. It was a rare sight for her since she was always a late riser. She regretted missing out on this sight, this feeling, all this while.

It filled her heart with hope. She went inside and back to bed.
She didn't realize when she fell asleep. But when she opened her eyes she was not alone.
Her new friend, HOPE, who she just met at dawn, was still with her. Thankfully.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home